Apr 23, 2018

I Am a Mom

Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - I AM A MOM -





Hello Simple Stories friends and fans!  Nathalie with you today with a new layout that speaks to my soul using the beautiful I AM collection. 



I don't know about you, but i can not get enough of all the florals in the I Am collection ( plus if you have seen my work before, then you know i am a sucker for florals!).  So what better way to showcase them than to fussy cut them and use them  as the focal point of a layout.




For this page, my idea was to have all the flowers as if they were wrapped around the picture.  So i cut a large strip of the 4x6 horizontal and 4x6 vertical elements and stitched them together, and then used a bit of cardstock to propped this on the center of the b side of the Walnut/Cream Dot paper from the Sn@p basics.




Then used some quality time with my detailing scissors just fussy cutting floral designs from a few of the papers from the collection and the 6x8 paper pad




Once i set the picture on the vertical strip of paper, a bit of foam adhesive was used to layer the florals and embellishments.  I tried my best to create the illusion of the flowers wrapping around the paper strip.




The butterflies help guide the eye across the layout which helped to add lots of small word stickers and ephemera that tell the story of the picture, "motherhood"



Finally the title was created using some of the Chipboard stickers, and the Sn@p Color Vibes Light letter stickers ( which match the tones in the florals).   A few stamped sentiments using the rotaty stamp complete this page.




I love this page, it tells the story of the past 18 years of my life.  Trust me, the I AM collection is perfect to create those unique stories about you, just the way you want to tell them.  So don't forget to check it at your scrapbooking store.

XOXO








Materials Used:
I AM collection:
10024 Collection kit
10036 4x6 horizontal elements
10037 4x6 vertical elements
10039  6x12 Chipboard stickers
10040  Bits and pieces
10041  Cardstock Stickers
10045 Roller Stamp

7059  Sn@p Color Vibe Lights Letter Stickers
2852  Sn@p Basics  Walnut /Cream dot 12x12 paper


No comments:

Post a Comment