Dec 12, 2017

Love This Day!



Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd -  LOVE THIS DAY! -






Hi there!

It is time to share some inspiration with this week's project for Scrapbook Nerd.   This time, I got to play with Maggie Holmes's Carousel collection, and a bit of mixed media to document a picture of my sister on her 40th birthday.




It all started when i carefully cut the letters from the Carousel paper pad.   I love large titles!  To make sure all the title letters and picture pop, a bit of mixed media was added to the background of the page.  A few splashes of  Heidi Swapp colorshine in rose, mustard, gold and peacock.









After placing and stitching the title to the background. It was time to start embellishing by creating a visual triangle to the page.  For this I used the top and bottom corner of the title to add a few embellishment clusters - all from pieces from the collection-.







Next I simply added the picture of my sister to the side of the picture,and completed the visual triangle by adding two clusters of embellishments to 2 of the picture's corners.   Just love that black and white flower print!!!  Here is the final layout:




I love the combination of the subtle background, the large gold title and the clusters of the black and white flowers.   The perfect page to document my sister on her birthday.


Don't forget to stop by Scrapbook Nerd to check all the Maggie Holmes Carousel collection items available at the store.  I am always a comment away if you have questions on how this came together.


Take care,



No comments:

Post a Comment