Jun 21, 2017

Love


Scrapbook Layout created for Simple Stories  - LOVE -





Hey there!

I am so excited for today's blog post at Simple Stories. For this week Simple Stories and Maya Road have joined forces to use their products. Since I am part of both creative teams, this was a feast!!




The new Hello Lovely collection has quickly become one of my favorite Simple Stories collections (this far!).  This time, I set to use it to document a picture of my nephew and my daughter -yeah!, i used pink for a boy layout, and the results are lovely-.





For this layout, I wanted to use as many of the patterns of the collection in one single page, so I pulled the Free Love cut file from Just Nick Studio to create the large title.  Each letter in the cut out was then backed with the So Very Lovely, Fab-YOU-lous, and the journaling cards from the collection.   Once all the cut outs were backed,  i chose the So Much Happiness paper from the Life in Color collection to serve as the layout's mat.





This picture of my daughter and nephew is one of my favorites, and so fitting for the title and feeling of the page.  The 4x6 cards from the cut-apart paper were used as layers behind the picture.   The floral designs of the collection are so beautiful, so I used some fussy cut flowers and stickers from the 6x12 sheet to create a large cluster around the picture.  The little key charm from Ken Oliver Vintage Heart and Key charm from Maya Road fits perfect in this little cluster.





The beautiful Maya Road Pink and Red Vintage Paper flowers  were used to create clusters at the corners of the title.  The colors in the flowers matched perfectly those of this collection.




  In addition, the Ken Oliver Heart and Key charm from Maya Road add hints of gold, and complement the look of the title and the page.  Finally, some pieces from the Faith collection Sticker combo were added around the page.  And as a final touch a few splatters of gold ink were added to the page, and to the Maya Road flowers.



I love the simplicity of this page, and  how the Hello Lovely can easily be used to create a boy layout.  I am sure you all will also love this collection.

Thanks for stopping by!

Materials Used:
Cut file  - Just Nick Studio
Simple Stories - Hey Lovely collection
Simple Stories - Faith collection - card stock stickers
Simple Stories - Life in Color -
Maya Road - paper flowers in red, pink
Maya Road - Ken Oliver's Vintage findings Charms - Lock and Key

No comments:

Post a Comment