May 8, 2017

You Are My Bright Side



Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  -  YOU ARE MY BRIGHT SIDE  -





Hello there!

I hope you all had a great weekend!   If you are a scrapbooker, then you know it was a busy one  for all of us, as we celebrated NSD.

It is my reveal week for Scrapbook Nerd, and the saying, "April Showers bring May Flowers" is what my projects are inspired by this month.  That's right, it is all about flowers for this week , which happens to be Mother's Day, too.   So let  me show you what I have been up to.





I was lucky to serve as the guest designer for this month's free SCT cut file, and I played with different designs for the  blog, here is one of the choices.   I started by cutting just the inside of the flower ring from white card stock.   The cuts were then  backed with different papers from the Oh My Heart collection from Paige Evans.







The picture of my niece in a field of dandelions was blown up to letter size, so that the image fit inside the ring.  I used thin fun foam to glue the cut  out to the picture, which had been glued to a piece of cardstock.





I created a cluster of fussy cut  flowers, ephemera and stickers to balance the flowers from the ring.   The title of  the page comes from one of the ephemera pieces.   To complete this page, I wrote the journal lines on the picture with a super fine marker, so that they are hidden.  Here is the final page:





I love this page,  the colors, the flowers, and the large picture are perfectly balanced.     You can find the cut file at the Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine blog, and all the materials used in this page come from the Scrapbook Nerd store   ( I love these ladies!!)

As always let me know if you have any questions on how this came together.



See you all tomorrow!



Materials Used:
Cut file - SCT magazine blog - May 2017

Patterned paper collection, ephemera, stickers, chipboard stickers, washi tape - Oh My Heart - Paige Evans - Pink Paislee
Foam stickers -Take Me Away collection - Paige Evans - Pink Paislee

No comments:

Post a Comment