Dec 31, 2016

Donut Delight


Scrapbook Layout created for Clique Kits - DONUT DELIGHT -




Hello Friends,

Happy New Year to you all!   May 2016 be just a jump start to a blessed new year.  I am sure there are lots of new adventures to embark on 2017!

To start the year, I am up on the Clique Kits blog with a new  layout using the "Hey,Sugar" kit.  I love this kit, even when there is  a lot of pink in it, but the papers, add ons, embellies and cut files are so lovely, that I decided to use all of it in this layout.





The donut cut file was the inspiration for this layout.  I started by printing the image (using the Silhouette software) in my printer,  I transfer the image with pencil onto tracing paper, and used it as  guideline for my paper pieces.  Using watercolors and watercolor paper, i created this circles that simulate the donut dough.





Once dried, I used a circle cutter to cut the circles based on the trace paper guideline.   Mean while, I isolated the "donut's icing" image on the Silhouette, and cut papers from the kit with this image.






I used all the paper pieces to create these "donuts".   A little bit of hand stitching secures the pieces together, and adds texture to the page..







To recreate the sprinkles on the donuts, I cut some of the puffy stickers in the Hey, Sugar  kit to look like little sprinkles.   Using different thickness adhesive foam, I attached the donuts to the page.





The photo strip of my nephew eating just the sprinkles of a donut was nestled amongst the donut images.   I used some of the Heart Day embelishments, and 6x6 paper pad along with the Clique Kits exclusive printables to create clusters along the photo strip.





For the title, i played with the circumference of the donut to add the Heart Day alphas, and then combined them with  one of Fancy Pants' Joy Parade stickers (both included in the kit) to  finish the title.   I love the retro feeling of this title.  All my journal was written along the outer circumference of the donuts.  Here is the completed layout:






Don't you just love the clean and retro feeling of this page?   I love it, and it was all made using  the Clique Kit's "Hey, Sugar" kit.   So don't forget to stop by the Clique Kits website to check all the materials used here.

Thanks for visiting today!



materials used:
Clique Kits - Hey, Sugar kit


No comments:

Post a Comment