Nov 26, 2016

The Magic of Christmas


Scrapbook layout created for Scrapbook Nerd's Countdown to Christmas  -  THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS -





Hello friends,

I am back with a new entry to the Scrapbook Nerd's Countdown to Christmas series.   Since we understand that many times the holidays are a never ending list of to dos; one of them being buying presents for family and friends.   I am sure most of us have had to visit the mall during those busy hours, trust me it happens to me every year!  So we  (my kids and i) make it a date, which usually includes visiting the Christmas tree display in the mall, and taking a few snapshots.  I used one of this snapshots to create quick layout  for the series.








For the background of this page, I am using this beautiful sparkly paper from My Mind's Eye's Sugar  Plum, collection.   Since it had a large church image on it, I decided to cover it with different Christmas tree cut-outs.  I used the So Very Merry cut file designed by the Cut Shoppe for Scrapbook Nerd.   All the tree cut-outs were then backed with papers from Snow and Cocoa collection, and some white vellum.  A few machine stitches secure the papers together, and adds interest  to the page.  I simply lined the trees along the lines provided by the designs on the page,




The title was created using the Cut Shoppe's Christmas Magic cut file.  To maintain uniformity on the page, I cut the title in white cardstock. and used a gold marker to color the edges of the cut-out,  The title was then placed covering the church image on the paper.






Since the picture was taken with my phone (an old blackberry), the quality is very low, but the colors in the tree are the same as the ones in the paper, so I just kept the picture in color, and chose to keep it small (3x4 in) to avoid noise.  I layered some papers from the Snow and Cocoa collection, and used pieces from both collections to create small clusters around the picture.   I added a few lines of journal in a small space under the title.  Here is the complete layout:




I believe this page took no time to come together, and i was able to rescue one of my phone pictures for this project.  I hope this serves as inspiration to document all your pictures from the holidays.  We are almost at the end of the Countdown to Christmas series, make sure to check Scrapbook Nerd to see all the entries to the series.

Thanks for visiting, and see you all around!


Material used:

Patterned paper and chipboard sticker - Sugar Plum collection - My Mind's Eye
6x6 paper pad, cardstock stickers, puffy stickers, ephemera, glitter card stock snowflake stickers - Snow and Cocoa collection - Crate Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment