Nov 21, 2016

Thanksgiving Memories



Scrapbook Layout  created for Clique Kits  - THANKSGIVING MEMORIES -






Hello there,

I am on double duty today!! I have revealing two projects for different design teams on the same day.  It is all good, though!   
Today in the Clique Kits blog, my post is all about marking a holiday memory.   I am using the beautiful Swan Lake Kit to highlight a picture of my kids during our Thanksgiving walk, and just like the weather and nature changes, so have my kids.  So i wanted to also change the look of a fall layout to match them (newer, cleaner, and modern).  Here is a small video on how this came together:








As you can see, I am still working a fall motive layout in a more modern way by using non traditional colors, and cleaner lines.  
I started by using a large black and white picture of my teens (they have taken this picture since they were small kids), and surrounding it with a leaf wreath from the Clique Kits' exclusive April cut files.  I worked clusters of ephemera and embelishments along the  wreath, here are some close ups :











The corrugated cardstock behind the picture adds dimension to the layout, while the stitched paper strips create a visual triangle that frames the picture and brings the eyes to the wreath.  







For the title, I used the Clique Kit's April cut files to cut the word,"Memories".  A little bit of machine stitching adds texture and secures the title to the page.  Finally, I added a few sequins and ink splatters to the page before calling it done.  Here is the final layout:






I love how the beautiful Swan Lake kit, and the exclusive cut files are the perfect complement to a newer version of my kids protraits.  Don't forget to check CLIQUE KITS for this month's Swan Lake kit, cut files and all the materials used in this layout>

 Please do not hesitate to contact me with any question.

Thanks for visiting today!



Materials used:
Swan Lake Kit - Clique Kits

Cut files - April 2016 exclusives - Clique Kits

Die Cut pieces - Posh Collection - Simple Stories
Chipboard stickers - Indigo Hills collection - Pinkfresh Studio



No comments:

Post a Comment