Nov 18, 2016

JOY


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd's Countdown to Christmas -JOY-





Hello friends, 

As the Countdown to Christmas continues at Scrapbook Nerd, I have been working on scrapbook pages that can be put together in a short amount of time.   Our goal with the countdown is for you to enjoy your holidays, and find inspiration to use the small craft time to document all those Holiday memories.





If you follow my blog or my work, you will know that we love our fur-baby just as much as we do our kids.  So during the holidays, I make sure he also receives his presents, and  capture him interacting with the rest of the family.   For this project, I pulled a picture of my baby wearing his Christmas present ( a red reindeer sweater!).  He wasn't to thrilled at the beginning, but warm up to the sweater after a few days.   I kept the picture in color, and layered papers from My Mind's Eye's Comfort and Joy collection -available at the Scrapbook Nerd store-.  I created  a large cluster at the top corner of the picture using tags, chipboard stickers, and die cuts from the collection.  A smaller cluster was created at the bottom of the picture with die cut pieces from the Comfort and Joy collection, and word stickers from the Tim Holtz small chat Holiday collection, and a clear sticker from Crate Paper's Bloom collection.






I matted the picture on a beautiful wood grain paper from the Comfort and Joy collection.  Since the paper had this snowflake images, i decided to create a large title and incorporate the snowflakes.  For that i used the newly released Tinsel Town cut file (the word Joy), and welded a few snowflake images from the Sweater Weather cut file;  both cut files come from the Cut Shoppe.  I cut the image on white cardstock, and backed the snowflakes with white vellum.   To add dimension to the title, I used foam adhesive to attach it to the  layout.  A few details in the center of the letter O completed the page.  Here is the final layout:






I love the contrast of the colors in the page (i am a sucker for wood grain papers!).    It took  very little time to put the page together once I created the title.   

During the holidays don't forget to photograph your pets, whether they have a sweater or not, they are part of your family.   Also using a large title, helps to speed  up completing a new page.  

I look forward to seeing you all soon!.  Remember to visit Scrapbook Nerd forum and Facebook page to see what the rest of the DT is creating.

Thanks for visiting today!




Materials Used:
Cut file - The Cut Shoppe

Patterned papers, die cut pieces, chipboard stickers, tag - Comfort and Joy collection - My Mind's Eye
Word stickers - Small Chat: Holiday collection - Tim Holtz - Idea-o-logy
White card stock - Michaels
Clear sticker - Bloom collection - Crate Paper
Glittered card board sticker - Snow and Cocoa collection - Crate Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment