Nov 22, 2016

Family, you are completely adorable!



Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd's Silhouette Savvy Series  - FAMILY -You are completely Adorable!  -





Hello there!

It is my turn to post my monthly Silhouette Savvy entry at the Scrapbook Nerd blog.  This time, I wanted to share with you all on how to layer cut files to create dimension on a layout. In the blog post you will find an illustrated step by step on how I create the foundation for this layout.  Here is the link to the blog post:
http://scrapbooknerd.com/blog/silhouette-savvy-series-layering-cut-files/


To build the foundation of the layout, I used the Midnight hour cut file from the Cut Shoppe, and welded two Silhouette Cut files to create the heart and word piece.  A little bit of handstitching to add texture to the page; the stars were backed with a combination of vellum, and papers from two Simple Stories collections.







To achieve dimension, I simply glued the star cut out to a paper from the Reset Girl collection.  I used a pencil to mark where the word "Family" will be sitting, and cut glued a small piece of patterned paper on the location.  Fun foam was then glued to the heart and word mat, and then glued to the star background.  









I kept the picture embelishments very simple as the background is full of details.  I love this picture of all my fraternal younger cousins at one of their weddings.






Here is the entire layout:




I love the dimension without bulk in this layout.   Cut files are an easy way to add interest, and dimension to any project.  If you are interested in seeing the step by step on the creation of the cut-outs visit the Scrapbook Nerd blog.

As always I am welcomed to answer any questions you might have on this layout.

Thanks for visiting today!



Materials used:
cut file - The Cut Shoppe



No comments:

Post a Comment