Nov 28, 2016

Christmas Card #1



Card created for Scrapbook Nerd's Countdown to Christmas  series





Hello there!

 Today is my last post for the Scrapbook Nerd's Countdown to Christmas Series.  Though I am a scrapbooker first and foremost, I do enjoy making homemade cards.  This year was my first time taking part of the Scrapbook Nerd card swap.   I did enjoy making the 18 cards needed, I think  only a few were repeated, the rest were all a one time design.  And in following my theme of making things in a short period of time, I will share with you all one of the designs, I used for the swap.



 
For this card, i cut  white cardstock to  fit into a 6x12in rectangle, I folded it in half, and marked the edge with a bone folder.  Using the Comfort and Joy collection, I cut a square of one of the papers to fit to a 5 & 7/8in square.   I looped twine (this one has a silver strand in the mix), and passed one of the large tags from the collection ad-on through the second loop of the twine.  I simple tied the tag to the paper, and used some foam adhesive behind the tag to add dimension.  I used foam adhesive behind the plaid paper to attach it to the white card stock.  






I always complete all my cards by creating a personalized envelope for the card.   I use the We R Memory Keepers envelope and bow punch to create the envelope from a patterned paper from an old MAMBI Christmas collection.  

In total, this card took less than 10 minutes to put together from start to finish.  It is a simple design, but i used striking colors to complement my idea. I hope the lucky recipient of this card likes it as much as I do.

Let me know  if you have any questions.

Thanks for visiting!



Materials used:
Smooth texture white card stock - American Crafts
Chartruse and silver twine - American Crafts
Patterned paper , and tag - Comfort and Joy collection - My Mind's Eye
patterned paper -envelope-  Christmas collection - MAMBI

No comments:

Post a Comment