Sep 16, 2016

Snapchat & Fun


Scrapbook layout  - Snapchat & Fun -



a close up to the layout.


Hello!,

My kids are obsessed with Snapchat, and it seems that my little niece and nephew cannot get enough of the picture filters, this app offers.   I wanted to document the many different pictures they alter of themselves; so i ventured to create a layout that showcased them.




I started by cutting Ashley Horton's heart background cut file -designed for Hip Kit Club -.  I chose to only cut the bottom corner of the cut-outs.  I backed the hearts with papers from the Fancy Pants, and two shades of vellum from my stash.  I used back stitching to mimic the look of the cut-out onto the plain white cardstock hearts.






I created a collage of the pictures of the 4 kids, and used some of the papers in the collection to backed the picture.   The cluster in the picture is made up of ephemera and stickers from the collection.


a close up of the title of this layout.


Since i am using the nice wood paper, I chose to use the puffy alpha stickers from the collection.  I attached them to the layout, and used a Sharpie to mark some of  the edges of the letters.






It is fun to see my kids and the little cousins's Snapchat pictures.  I am glad i stole these shots from my son's account.

Now to work on a new layout, I go. 

Take care!



Materials used:
cut file - July cut files - Ashley Horton designs for HipKit Club
patterned papers - Life is Beautiful collection - Fancy Pants Designs.
White and pink vellum
Ephemera, stickers, puffy dot stickers- Life is Beautiful collection - Fancy  Pants Designs.
Word stickers - Small Chat collection, Tim Holtz - Ranger





No comments:

Post a Comment