Sep 29, 2016

Me & You


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd - Me & You -


A close up to the layout.


Hi!

My kids are now in high school,  and i am home with my chores, and my baby.  So as my reveal week starts over at Scrapbook Nerd, I decided to document a picture of my fur baby and me.  


the inside heart of the cut out was stitched with matching embroidery thread.


For this project, I chose to use Doodlebug's Puppy Love collection (I was drawn to the cutesy designs, and vibrant colors).   To start, I created the background using The Cut Shoppe's Sassy Circles cut file.  I chose to  move the circles around, and resize them so that they only sat on the top of the layout.


a few small details is all the circles needed.

Each circle was backed with different papers from the collection.   The inside heart of the circle was stitched with the same colors as the paper used.  A few lines of sewing machine stitches helped to add interest to the background.





The picture was printed in black and white, so that it pops in the layout.  The title came from the sticker sheet of the collection, and just a few extra details were added to create some points of interest on the layout.


The final layout.


Finally, I added  my journal lines at the bottom of the page, trimmed the edges of the layout by half an inch;  the entire layout was then stitched to one of the patterned papers from the collection.

I really like how the final layout looks like.  You can find all the materials used at Scrapbook Nerd, so take a look at the store, there is always something new being added to its shelves.

Until next time,

Happy scrapping!


Materials Used:
Cut file - Sassy Circles - The Cut Shoppe
Patterned papers,  Puppy Love collection, Doodlebug & Baxter collection, Seven Heaven, Studio Calico
Wood veneer,  Fur Fusion - Jillibean Soup
Cardstock Stickers - Puppy Love collection, Doodlebug
Shape sprinkles - Puppy Love & Puppy Play, Doodlebug
Word Stickers - Small Chat, Tim Holtz - Ranger




No comments:

Post a Comment