Sep 26, 2016

Let's Go


Scrapbook Layout created for Scrapbook Nerd  - Let's Go -


a close up of the layout


Hello there!

I hope you all enjoyed the weekend, and are ready for a new week.

My reveal week continues at Scrapbook Nerd.  For this project, I chose to document a picture of my son inside the plane as we were about to land in Ecuador.  Since I took this picture with my phone, there was a lot of noise in the picture.  My choice was take the color away, therefore converting the picture to black and white.


the background of the layout


To start this layout, i chose  Bazzill's heavy cardstock, and used a lot of shimmer watercolor to create an inky background.  I was inspired by Shimelle's GO Now Go collection, and the beautiful cloud and plane paper.




To recreate the sky, I fussy cut  clouds from papers in both Shimelle's collections: Starshine, and Go Now Go.   I layered the clouds in the bottom left corner of the layout.   Using a paper piercing tool, I created a long curly line that started at the clouds, and run along the page to the diagonally opposite corner of the layout.  I used white embroidery thread to complete the path.





Once I finished stitching the page,  I trimmed a small edge just to the top and right edges of the mat, and stitched it to one of the papers from the Starshine collection.  I added the acetate plane (from the ephemera pack) to the end point of the stitching.


a close up to the picture details

In order not to lose the details in the background of  the page, I chose to simplify the layers behind the picture.   I chose one of the cut-apart cards from the Go Now Go collection, and using an exacto knife, cut around the image of the plane, making sure not to separate it from the card ( the end result looked like a paper corner).  I inserted the picture  in the card, and added just a few details around the page.




the final layout.




Here is the final layout (after adding the title, and the journal lines).   I like the monochromatic look of the page, and its simplicity.   I am glad that Joy and Barb at Scrapbook Nerd were so helpful at special ordering the Starshine collection for me.

Thanks for stopping by.


Keep on crafting!



Materials Used:
White cardstock - Marshmallow - Bazzill
Watercolors - Artist Loft - Michaels
Patterned papers - Starshine collection 12x12 paper pad - Shimelle
Patterned papers - Run, and Fly - Go Now Go collection - Shimelle
Ephemera. phrase stickers, wood accent buttons and word thickers - Go Now Go - Shimelle





No comments:

Post a Comment