Sep 28, 2016

Cool Rad Awesome Dude


Scrapbook Layout  created for Scrapbook Nerd - Cool Rad Awesome Dude -



a close up of the layout


Hello there!

I can't believe we are in September, autumn is at our heels, and my kids are both High Schoolers...  

This week is my reveal time at Scrapbook Nerd, and I  have created projects based on family, and how they are changing as we grow older.  For this layout, I used Fancy Pants's "Good Fellows" collection to document a picture of my son in his suit.   I drew inspiration from the papers to add layers and colors to the page.  Here is a small video on how this layout came together:






For this layout, I started by creating the diagonal segment where I placed my picture, and the title.  I chose to use all patterned papers from the collection, as it contains a lot of white in it.

A look at the layers  on the  layout.


Since I am using a black and white picture, I added some mixed media behind the  picture and title of the layout.   I chose to layer the photo with papers from the collection.


I like the subtle effect of the ink behind the picture layers


For the title, I chose a Scrapbook Nerd cut file (Guy Stuff - it is available for free at the store). I chose to back the empty spaces of  the cut-out with the same papers on the picture layers.  The title was attached to the layout with adhesive foam dots, to add some dimension to the project.


A close up to the title of the project.


To finish the layout, I added a few more details along the page, as well as a few lines of journal that describe how i feel about this (not-because-he-is-my-son) amazing boy.  Here  is the final layout:




I really hope you take a second look at this beautiful collection from Fancy Pants, and all the new stuff that Barb and Joy are always stocking the virtual shelves of Scrapbook Nerd store with.

As always, let me know if you have any questions about anything on this layout.

See you soon!!


Materials Used:
Cut file -  Guy Stuff  -  Scrapbook Nerd (designed by The Cut Shoppe).
Patterned Paper -  Good Fellows Collection - Fancy Pants  Designs
Puffy Stickers - Good Fellows collection - Fancy Pants Designs
Clear Stickers - Outfitters collection - Pink Paislee
Cork Heart sticker - C'est La Vie collection - Pink Paislee
Word phrase stickers - Felicity collection - Pinkfresh Studio
Rubber Shapes - Life Noted collection - Pinkfresh Studio
Shimmer watercolors - Artist Loft - Michaels











No comments:

Post a Comment