May 17, 2016

You & Me


Scrapbook Layout - You & Me -


a close up of the layout


Hello there!

 Here is layout, I created to join one of the challenges at ScrapbookNerd's on-line crop.  The challenge called to use a flower as an inspiration for a layout.  I chose a yellow daisy as my inspiration piece.   


Lots of yellow acrylic paint to create an ombre effect.
Matte gel medium to create the texture



I created my background with some yellow acrylic paint and a palette knife.  I went for an ombre effect by adding white paint to the yellow mixture at each pass of the knife.  Once that was dried, I added some matte gel medium to the paint, and used it on top of an stencil to create texture (as in the center of the daisy).  

I looked in my stash for all the yellow stickers and pieces of ephemera I could find ( i have a lot, and it is not my favorite color).   Here is the final layout:


The complement of yellow, white and black is stunning on  this layout.


See you soon!!





No comments:

Post a Comment