May 7, 2016

Head In The Clouds


Scrapbook Layout for NSD 2016 (@scrapbooknerd.com)  - Head in the Clouds -



It is all about the fringe!!


Hello everyone!,

It has been a busy way prepping for this weekend's celebrations:  Mother's Day and National Scrapbooking Day 2016...    I found an outlet to my creativity when I started scrapbooking, so now I prepare to celebrate a whole day filled with inspiration.

This is the second layout, i have created for a challenge at Scrapbook Nerd.  Since, the challenge is all about the fringe!.  I wanted to create something  fun to evoke a child-like feeling in the layout.   I knew the picture I was scrapbooking was that of my nephew looking up at the sky while being in his photo session -trust me we tried to have him look at the camera and smile-...

For this I used the Happy clouds cut file from the Cut Shoppe...  I went ahead and blew up one of the clouds, so that it will fill most of my page;  a few extra clouds were also cut from the same cut file.  


 
I used a smaller cloud to add my title on it.


Using all Pink Fresh Studio's Felicity collection, I cut a few strips of different papers from the collection to about 2.5 in x12 in, and used my Cameo to make the cuts to all the strips at once  (I used technology for this layout).   Once I had the strips; i stitched them with the sewing machine to the large cloud cut-out.  I trimmed the edges, and glued the cloud on the paper.  I popped the outline cut-out on small glue dots), and attached the outline around the fringed cloud.



A close-up of the picture that inspire this page.


I matted the picture on white cardstock, and added just a few pieces of ephemera.   It was enough to highlight both the picture and the background.  I added the extra clouds and my journal lines inside the top cloud outline,     I love the results...



The Completed layout.


You can head over to ScrapbookNerd.com  for more lots of fun!!

See you soon!


Materials used:
Cut File - Happy Clouds  - The Cut Shoppe
Patterned papers - fringe - Felicity collection - Pink Fresh Studio
Patterned paper - mat - Attwell collection - Fancy Pants Design
Ephemera and Chipboard stickers - Mambi collections
Word puffy sticker - Heidi Swapp collection
Wood pieces and puffy glitter stickers - Felicity Collection - Pink Fresh Studio
Title - Silver letters - Recollections - Michaels
Title - black letters - Mambi collections







No comments:

Post a Comment