Feb 23, 2016

Together



Scrapbook Layout   - Together -


Valentine's Day left me lots of memories to document.  After seeing a layout from Paige Evans on  Scrapbook.com, I knew that i wanted something similar for one of  my pictures.  So  I venture to create a cutfile;  it took me 2 nights, a few cups of coffee, and some divine inspiration (i thank you Juliana Michaels), but i got it... At the end,  I learned I still need to learn more about my Silhouette Cameo machine, but I got the perfect cutfile.   Here is the link to the cutfile:
https://app.box.com/s/b0ret1bq9gd94xiiz52cderbrfwwq7qv


The cut-out was attached using foam dots so create  interest in the layout
-gotta love the shadow of the cut-out on the patterned paper-



All the patterned paper come from Dear Lizzy's Documentary collection.  First I used the coral-red watercolor washed paper as the mat for the entire layout.  A little bit of texture paste (white) and a polka dot stencil (both from Heidi Swapp) were used to add texture to the layout.  


I enjoy the contrast between the texture paste and the ink splotches.




Once I had the white cardstock cut-out, i traced every letter in different papers from the same collection, and proceeded to attach them to the cut out using foam dots.  I love to see different levels in my layouts.  I cut the picture (black and white processed) to fit within the edge of the letter O.  After all the cut-out was matted, I attached it to the center of the patterned paper mat.



A few pieces of ephemera are enough, as I wanted the detail of the cut file to show.



Once a week, we have a foiling session at home.  My daughter and I love our MInc machine,  and used it to create most of the ephemera for this layout.


I used the leftover foil from another piece to create the butterfly.




If you have seen my layouts before, then you know I love tags,  so I found a way to include them in my layout.  I attached two tags with some gold thread, and glued the thread as a leading line to my journaling.



a few glue dots helped shape the tails of string of the tags.




I enjoyed creating this layout.  I am thinking of framing it to keep it permanently on top of my sofa table... i'll update you on what i decide to do with it..

Please help yourself to the cutfile, just make sure to mention my name if you publish it.  I would love to see what you do with it.

See you soon.


The completed layout.




Materials used:

  • Patterned Papers, Documentary collection, Dear Lizzy
  • Epehemera -pink circle-,  Fine & Dandy collection, Dear Lizzy
  • Ephemera, foiled pieces,  Heidi Swapp collection
  • Tag- gold-  Heidi Swapp collection
  • Tag -XOXO-,  Recollection, Michaels
  • White Texture Paste,  Heidi Swapp
  • Polka dot Stencil,  Heidi Swapp
  • Color Shine, Black, Heidi Swapp
  • Cut-out -cardstock-, white,  Recollections, Michaels









No comments:

Post a Comment