Feb 16, 2016

I Love You 4 Ever


Scrapbook Layout  - I Love You 4 Ever -


Part of the card that inspired this layout.


If you have visited my blog before, you will know that i love to safe-keep pieces of my life.  This  time,  I am using an old Valentine's card (from my husband) as part and inspiration to this layout.  

First I deconstructed the card.  I carefully removed the vellum shaker envelope (it was at the front  of the card), and went ahead and cut the card -along the fold-.  I saved the signed sentiment (it is attached to the back of the layout), and used the rest to mat the envelope to the layout.



A simple design ensures that the picture and shaker envelope are highlighted.




To contrast the card colors, i used papers from Amy Tangerine's Stitched collection.  I went for a soft teal with a world map and little white hearts for the main paper, and a 6x12 strip of the grey triangle pattern paper to center the picture and card pieces.   




Just a few pieces of chipboard stickers and ephemera were enough for this layout



To create a visual triangle for the piece, I added a doily and a sticky note to the back of the card stock.   In addition, a tag and a planner sticky tab were added to the top of the layout to ensure balance on the piece.



The tag and the heart were created from pieces of scrap paper from my stash.



Finally I added a wood veneer for the title and some drops of color shine to complete the  layout.  I hope you like it, and it inspires you to use up old cards or trinkets you treasure.  See you soon...



The Completed Layout

Materials Used:
  • Valentine's Day Card - Meri e Meri
  • Patterned paper -layout-,  Stitched Collection, Amy Tangerine
  • Patterned paper -strip-,  Stitched Collection, Amy Tangerine
  • Patterned paper -tag and picture mat-,  Save the Date Collection,  Teresa Collins
  • Sticker Chipboard, Flea Market Collection,  Crate Paper
  • Paper Cut-out,  Daily Stories,  Teresa Collins
  • Sticker transparency, round Chipboard sticker, Me and My Big Ideas
  • Wood Veneer,  Recollections, Michaels
  • Color shine, tea, Heidi Swapp





No comments:

Post a Comment