Jan 25, 2016

Be Your Own Kind of Awesome


Scrapbook Layout - Be Your Own Kind of Awesome - 


It is hard -for me- to scrap pictures of my teenage son.  I am still trying to figure out why,  but this week I had these pictures of my son that needed to be put in a layout (he is going through the teen phase that hates cameras)..   Here is my creative process...

I used the Geometric Graffiti Cut file from the Cut Shoppe to create a basis for the pictures.   I chose black card stock because i wanted the pictures and title to stand out.  Then I used a Juliana Michaels' cut file exclusive to the Big Picture Classes named Be Your Kind Of Awesome for the title (if you are a subscriber,  check out this class) out of  watercolor paper (use the double cut function to create crisp edges).  I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut both files.  



Bottom part of the layout.


I stitched with black floss the cut-out to the paper (I am not that good with the sewing machine).  At the same time I used Gold Coloshine mixed with a bit of water to paint the title  - it gives it a subtler look-.   I used MME's Cut and Paste  collection to back and layer the picture.  The stickers and ephemera were placed strategically not to crowd the pictures or the title.



It was  a bit tricky to stitch around the triangles, as not all ends meet at corners

Finally I attached a tag, label and ephemera using staples to the top left corner of the layout and added my journal lines inside of one of the triangles in the layout.  I added a few drops of gold colorshine to finish the layout.  My son has not had negative comments on it (usually my scrapbook layouts sit on an easel at our sofa table for a day or two before going to the album)..

I hope you like it...



The Final Layout



Featured in the Big Picture Classes blog and  its Instagram account.



Materials Used:
  • Cut file,  Geometric Graffiti,  The Cut Shoppe
  • Black Cardstock, Recollections, Michaels
  • Cut file (title),  Be Your Own Kind of Awesome,  Juliana Michaels -Big Picture Classes -subscription exclusive-
  • Water color paper,  Strathmore
  • Patterned paper, Amy Tangerine's Stiched collection
  • Patterned paper for pictures,  Cut & Paste - Flair,  My Mind's Eye
  • Stickers,  Heidi Swapp
  • Chipboard Stickers,  Soft Spoken,  Me and My Big Ideas
  • Ephemera, Something Gold Collection,  My Mind's Eye
  • Tag, label & ephemera,  Heidi Swapp MInc Collection
  • Colorshine Gold, Heidi Swapp










No comments:

Post a Comment